Tamayouz Award is delighted to announce the shortlist (Top 20 entries) for the Rifat Chadirji Prize for architecture and its theme for 2018; Baghdad Design Centre.
The shortlisted entries were selected out of 310 entries submitted by firms, design studios, individuals and universities coming from 52 countries, Participants were asked to transform the current unused site of the Old Governorate Building into the Baghdad Design Centre while integrating the damaged facades in their ideas for the new building. The facades will be a memorial for an era in Baghdad’s history.
The shortlisted entries in Alphabetical order of their countries are:
The shortlisted entries will be reviewed by the Tamayouz judging panel on the 3rd of October and the winning entries will be announced end of October. The judging panel comprises of:
- Dr Rasem Badran - Amman: Aga Khan Award winner and Founder of Dar Al-Omran.
- Professor Wendy Pullan - Cambridge: A researcher and Senior Lecturer in the History and Philosophy of Architecture at the University of Cambridge.
- Professor Khaled Sultany - Copenhagen: An Iraqi Academic, Architectural Historian and a Critic, authored a number of books on modern architecture in Iraq and Civic Islamic Architecture in the Middle East and the Silk Road regions.
- Dr Hannah Vowles - Birmingham: Deputy Head of Architecture at Birmingham City University.
- Arch. Akram Ogaily - Dubai: An Iraqi Architect and Senior Vice President of Hill International.
- Eng. Ali Naji - Amman: An Iraqi Civil Engineering Consultant and Director of Star of the East for Housing and Development.
Tamayouz Excellence Award is sponsored by; The Iraqi Business Council in Jordan, Kufa – Makiya Charity, Coventry University, Dewan Architects and Engineers, the United Nations Global Compact, Ayad Al-Tuhafi Architects, Tradex Global Ltd.
news by subject
news by date
Dewan Award Registration 2019
Participants are asked to redesign Al Umma Park as a green lung in the capital’s dense urban fabric, creating an optimistic vision for the future and a safe space for public gatherings and socialising. Proposals should reflect the legacy of the park and integrate the existing artwork within its redesign.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all
*1st prize will be a fully paid employment at Dewan for 6 months expandable to one year supervised by senior architects with experience in all departments. If for any reason this cannot be achieved then a sum of $6000 will be presented
Rifat Chadirji Prize Registration 2019
Participants are asked to design an architectural and cultural landmark that hosts the Barjeel collection and represents modern art, architecture and design in the Arab world.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all
COMBO REGISTRATION (Rifat Chadirji Prize + Dewan Award)
Register for the Rifat Chadirji Prize and the Dewan Award for architecture and get them with a discount on the total current registration fee.
Barjeel Museum Brief: https://tinyurl.com/y3fukxcy
Al Umma Park Brief: https://tinyurl.com/yy7rgs3v
International Graduation Project Award
students of Architecture, Urban Design, Urban Planning, Architecture Technology and Landscape Design worldwide to submit their Graduation Projects. An independent international jury will review all entries and will select the winners of Tamayouz International Award 2019.
Open to final year students worldwide.
£25/$30 from February - 30th of April
£30/$40 from 1st of May - 1st of July
£40/$50 from 1st of July - End of Registration