Tamayouz Excellence Award announces the shortlist for its International Graduation Projects Award 2019
Tamayouz Excellence Award is proud to announce the shortlist of finalists for its International Graduation Projects Award 2019. The shortlist comprises the top 20 submissions received this year for the award’s fourth cycle.
The entries were selected out of 908 submissions, representing 151 universities from 64 countries. Selection for the shortlist was made based on the award’s assessment criteria, highlighting projects that are aspirational and transformative, and that tackle local and global challenges through holistic understandings of context.
The award is open to students of architecture, urban design, urban planning, architecture technology and landscape design worldwide, who are invited to submit their graduation projects. The award aims to recognise excellence in architectural design and education worldwide, and showcase excellent architectural examples to promote and provoke architectural debate.
The longlist for Tamayouz International Graduation Projects Award was announced in early September, and winners will be announced in October following the annual Tamayouz jury meeting at Coventry University, UK.
The award’s judges this year are:
- Professor Kanan Makyia - The Sylvia K. Hassenfeld professor at Brandeis University
- Ayad Al Tuhafi, owner and director of Ayad Al Tuhafi Architects in England
- Sebastian Hicks, course director of architecture at Coventry University in England
- Jerome Goyard, senior architect at Fevre Gaucher Architects + Urbanists in France
- Ben Maltby, global shelter and infrastructure lead at Save the Children USA in the UK
- Ben Flippance, design director for IDP Group in the UK
- Felipe Samaran Salo, dean of the Architecture School at the Universidad Francisco de Vitoria in Spain
- Prisca Arosio, Urbanist and reasearcher in the Netherlands
- Stefanos Adamakis, partner at Adamakis Architects & Associates in Greece
To read about our judges, please visit our jury page.
The shortlist of finalists for the 2019 International Graduation Projects Award are:
*All finalists arranged by country
United Arab Emirates
Tamayouz Excellence Award is sponsored by Coventry University, the Iraqi Business Council in Jordan, Kufa – Makiya Charity, Dewan Architects + Engineers, Ayad Al-Tuhafi Architects, Bonair Ltd, the United Nations Global Compact – Iraq Network and IDP Coventry.
news by subject
news by date