The longlist comprises the top 50 submissions received this year for the award’s fourth cycle. Tamayouz Excellence Award is proud to announce the longlist of finalists for its International Graduation Projects Award 2019.
Selection for the longlist was made based on the award’s assessment criteria, highlighting projects that are aspirational and transformative, and that tackle local and global challenges through holistic understandings of context.
The award is open to students of architecture, urban design, urban planning, architecture technology and landscape design worldwide, who are invited to submit their graduation projects. The award aims to recgonise excellence in architectural design and education worldwide, and showcase excellent architectural examples to promote and provoke architectural debate.
This year, Tamayouz Excellence Award received 908 submissions across all seven of its awards, representing 151 universities and 64 countries.
The shortlist will be announced at the end of September 2019, and winners will be announced in October following the annual Tamayouz jury meeting at Coventry University, UK.
The award’s judges this year are:
- Ayad Al Tuhafi, owner and director of Ayad Al Tuhafi Architects in England
- Ben Maltby, global shelter and infrastructure lead at Save the Children USA in the UK
- Ben Flippance, design director for IDP Group in the UK
- Felipe Samaran Salo, dean of the Architecture School at the Universidad Francisco de Vitoria in Spain
- Jerome Goyard, senior architect at Fevre Gaucher Architects + Urbanists in France
- Professor Kanan Makiya, The Sylvia K. Hassenfeld professor of Islamic and Middle Eastern studies at Brandeis University in the US
- Prisca Arosio, architect and urbanist at BASTA Urbanism, the Netherlands
- Sebastian Hicks, course director of architecture at Coventry University in England
- Stefanos Adamakis, partner at Adamakis Architects & Associates in Greece
To read about our judges, please visit our jury page.
The longlist of finalists for the 2019 International Graduation Projects Award are:
*All finalists arranged in order by country
United Arab Emirates
Tamayouz Excellence Award is sponsored by Coventry University, the Iraqi Business Council in Jordan, Kufa – Makiya Charity, Dewan Architects + Engineers, Ayad Al-Tuhafi Architects, Bonair Ltd, the United Nations Global Compact – Iraq Network and IDP Coventry.
news by subject
news by date