Tamayouz prides itself with a strong panel of consultants who help us ensure the constant quality improvement and future development of the award, this panel comprises of Academics, Architects and Engineers who continuously give us technical and academic support.
We are proud to introduce Tamayouz Award Consultants:
- Dr Amila Naji PhD – Corporate Social Responsibility Consultant, Iraq
- Dr Mustafa Kamil PhD – Academic Consultant, Iraq
- Ahmed Al-Azzawi Msc – Architectural Consultant, United Kingdom
- Alfred Gand Msc – Academic Consultant, United kingdom
- Ben Matlby MSc – Academic Consultant, United Kingdom
- John Ironman Msc – Academic Consultant, United Kingdom
- Mairead Ellen Douglas – International Relations Consultant, United Kingdom
- Ossaid Aleitan MSc – Architectural Consultant, Jordan
- Turath Jamil Msc – Architectural Consultant, France
subscribe to read the full article, it is free. http://www.bdonline.co.uk/news/zaha-hadid-to-judge-iraqi-student-prize/5041404.article
Dame Zaha Hadid, DBE was announced today as the last member of the judging panel of Tamayouz Award Iraq’s first design excellence award for graduation projects in Iraqi Universities.
The Priktzer Architecture Prize winner will be joined by 11 other high profile architects and academics such as the Dean of Engineering and Computing Faculty at Coventry University Professor Paul Ivey, Ayad Al-Tuhafi the CEO of The Forma Group, The Iraqi award winning architect and researcher at The Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Denmark Dr. Khaled Al-Sultani.
Dame Zaha Hadid who has signed earlier this year an agreement to design the Central Bank of Iraq has also offered diamond sponsorship to this award to ensure the award’s future development.
Tamayouz Award coordinator Ahmed Salah said:
“Tamayouz Award has achieved an important milestone by bringing together prestigious International organisation like Zaha Hadid Architects and Coventry University with Iraqi construction firms and universities to work together in order to improve the architectural situation in Iraq”.
All of this comes as a reaction to what is happening in the Iraqi cultural and architectural scene where developers are knocking down historical buildings, the only evidence of Iraqi traditional architecture left, replacing them with low quality schemes.
Iraqi firms have shown an unprecedented support for Tamayouz as two of Iraq’s major construction and architecture firms - Al-Dulaimi Group and Dewan Architects and Engineers - offered jobs for the winners.
Tamayouz Award 2012 judges who will select the best 3 projects out of 135 submitted are:
- Dame Zaha Hadid, DBE. – Founder of Zaha Hadid Architects
- Professor Paul Ivey – Dean of Engineering Faculty, Coventry University
- Dr Khaled Al-Sultani – Architect and researcher at The Royal Academy of Fine arts – Denmark
- Ayad Al-Tuhafi – CEO of The Forma Group, London
- Paul Longdin – Co-founder of Constructure Design Consultancy, London
- Jerome Goyard - Architect at Fevre Gaucher, Paris
- Linda Bennett – Architect, founder of Archi-Ninja, Sydney
- Rashed Al-Nasaa – Jordan’s national coordinator for Carboun initiative
- Katherine McNeil – Chief executive of the London chapter of Architecture For Humanity
- Moira Lascelles – Curator of Special project at The Architecture Foundation, London
- Manhal Abdulateef – Architect and Academic, Sydney
- Philip O’Reilly – Architect/ interior designer, building MSc, London
Zaha Hadid Architects, Coventry University, The United Nation’s Global Compact – Iraq, Al-Dulaimi Business Group, Dewan Architects and Engineers, Iraqi Business Council in Jordan and Architecture For Humanity have put all their weight to support this initiative and introduce design excellence to Iraqi students of architecture.
news by subject
news by date
Dewan Award Registration 2019
Participants are asked to redesign Al Umma Park as a green lung in the capital’s dense urban fabric, creating an optimistic vision for the future and a safe space for public gatherings and socialising. Proposals should reflect the legacy of the park and integrate the existing artwork within its redesign.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all
*1st prize will be a fully paid employment at Dewan for 6 months expandable to one year supervised by senior architects with experience in all departments. If for any reason this cannot be achieved then a sum of $6000 will be presented
Rifat Chadirji Prize Registration 2019
Participants are asked to design an architectural and cultural landmark that hosts the Barjeel collection and represents modern art, architecture and design in the Arab world.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all
COMBO REGISTRATION (Rifat Chadirji Prize + Dewan Award)
Register for the Rifat Chadirji Prize and the Dewan Award for architecture and get them with a discount on the total current registration fee.
Barjeel Museum Brief: https://tinyurl.com/y3fukxcy
Al Umma Park Brief: https://tinyurl.com/yy7rgs3v
International Graduation Project Award
students of Architecture, Urban Design, Urban Planning, Architecture Technology and Landscape Design worldwide to submit their Graduation Projects. An independent international jury will review all entries and will select the winners of Tamayouz International Award 2019.
Open to final year students worldwide.
£25/$30 from February - 30th of April
£30/$40 from 1st of May - 14th of July
£40/$50 from 14th of July - 1st of August